Home : Video : Editing : Transitions : Types : Crossfade

Crossfade / Mix / Dissolve

A gradual fade from one shot to the next is known as a crossfade, mix or dissolve.

Crossfades have a slower, more relaxed feel than a cut. They can be used in situations such as:

The speed of the crossfade transition can vary between a few frames (for relatively fast-paced content) to several seconds.

Slow or incomplete crossfades can also be used to create layered video effects.